Lisa Nielsen explains Why BYOD, Not Banning Cell Phones, Is the Answer
in THE Journal.
Her key strategies for effective student learning with mobile technologies:
- Ensure the right building blocks are in place.
- Update outdated classroom (and library) management techniques.
- Give students time to socialize.
- Connect with students in their world.
- Use texting to connect more deeply with students.
- Engage students.
- Empower students with strategies to stay focused.
Read the article for full explanations and suggestions.
Excellent advice from Dianne McKenzie about points learned from Brian Matthew’s white paper “Think Like a Startup.”
yet so many school administrators insist on keeping those students “safe” inside the building’s walled garden…
Reality: you never really learn how to drive in a parking lot.
Definitely worth (re)reading every year, especially # 10!
important advice for working with *every* student.
School Librarians are frequently expected to perform “extra duties as assigned.” How can we turn those responsibilities into opportunities for leadership? Discuss.